- To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
As a PTA, it is our goal to establish a structure that will provide:
- Academic enrichment and enhancement opportunities for Barksdale students;
- Parent education programs;
- Communication about PTA and school activities;
- Social opportunities to foster school spirit;
- Information about PISD and state legislation issues;
- Volunteer programs to assist students, teachers, and staff;
- Teacher and staff appreciation;
- A warm, safe and inviting atmosphere for all Barksdale students, staff, and families;
- A link to the community surrounding Barksdale Elementary; and
- Funds to meet the general PTA budget from PTA sponsored fund raisers to accomplish PTA goals.